Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone.
- The Parish Safeguarding representative for St. Andrew’s Buckland Monachorum is Mrs Trish Topham who can be contacted by telephone 01822 852163 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Team’s contact details can be found at – https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/safeguarding-team/
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Charles Pitman, telephone: 01392 345909
- If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11
- Other support agencies include:
Plymouth Children’s Services 01752 308600
Out of hours 01752 346784
Plymouth Adult Services 01752 668000
Out of hours: 01752 346984
Plymouth Domestic Abuse Service 01752 252033
Rape crisis 0808 802 9999
NSPCC 0800 389 5344
The PCC and members of St. Andrew, Buckland Monachorum and Holy Spirit, Milton Combe are committed to support, nurture, protect and safeguard all, especially the young and the vulnerable.
We recognise that our work with children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of the whole church community.
We are fully committed to acting within current legislation, guidance, national frameworks and the Diocesan Safeguarding procedures. We will also act in an open, transparent and accountable way in working in partnership with the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Children and Adult Social Care Services, the Police, Probation Services and other agencies to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
We welcome staff and volunteers who are recruited in accordance with House of Bishops’ Interim Guidelines on Safer Recruitment 2015. This means we will ensure that those who are employed or who volunteer to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults are suitable for the role, are fully DBS checked, trained, that they know what the role entails and are supported in carrying it out.
Our Safeguarding Representatives are:
Mrs Trish Topham (01822 852163) and
Mrs Jane Oliver (01822 853960)
You can access our full Safeguarding Policy document here: https://bucklandchurchdevon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Safeguarding-Policy_Oct15-3.pdf//
Link to the Diocese of Exeter Safeguarding policy: https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/