Entering the church can be a difficult step for new comers and so we have a welcoming and sides-persons team to ease the way. The sides-persons also help with the flow of the service by taking the collection and acting as ushers for communion. As a church we have responsibility to do things in good order and must record numbers of attendees and the giving.
Terry West coordinates the sides-persons rota. Please speak to him if you would like to be added to the list. Someone will be on hand to see you through it for the first few times…
Here are some guidelines as to what is required:
- Arrive early so as to be ready for visitors
- Service Cards and Notices
- Count Numbers (below 16 and 16 yrs+)
- Collection – usually taken just after the peace on communion Sundays or at the end of the service on other Sundays.
- Communion Usher
- Tidying up pews and Creche area within the South Porch
- Count Collection & Record
- Record Details in Service Book