The Parochial Church Council (PCC) is made up of volunteers who put themselves forward to be elected to the Council. They each normally serve a 3-year period, and may be re-elected if they wish to continue. Currently, there are 24 members on the PCC. Matters regularly covered by the PCC in 2016 from May onwards included:
- Pastoral Care concerns within the Parish and praying for individuals and their situations.
- Support for the Harvest Supper and delivery of gifts at Christmas to members of the elderly and those in particular need;
- Reviewing regularly our Mission Action Plan – in particular our outreach to the Community and International Links;
- Monitoring finances for both churches – identifying local & international need where finance can assist e.g. locally, the Buckland Chapel & the School;
- Church renovations and maintenance;
- Safeguarding – updates and changes this year;
- Changes within the youth and children’s work;
- Communications – complete new Website as of February 2017.
- Changing to a new more ethical and ‘green’ electricity supplier for both churches;
- Invited members from the Community Shop group to inform the PCC on theirproposal and investigated how the Church could help. The PCC wrote a letter of support for their bid;
- Had initial discussions with reference to O2 using the Tower for a phone mast – ongoing.
All members of the PCC have a reporting role from time to time updating the PCC on ongoing initiatives. The PCC is also advised by the PCC Finance Committee, which monitors the budget and helps formulate the decision-making of the PCC. Just some of the areas reported on included:
- Worship leading and music;
- Pastoral matters;
- Children’s work, etc.